Pages

Friday, April 27, 2012

And with the 11th pick; the Kansas City Chiefs select...

...Dontari Poe? The kid from Memphis who couldn't dominate Conference USA???( for those who don't know C-USA; Tulane is a member).

I think I speak for about 91% of Chiefs fans that damn near threw their phone,remote control, or pet last night. Looking at the board I was certain that we would have taken Cox or DeCastro at that pick; that seemed like the right pick at that time. It took me awhile but I'm feeling a little bit better about the pick especially after listening to Coach Crennel's post-draft comments but I don't 100% agree with the pick. Coach said the following:

"Because he played every down at 350 pounds and he played position on the line in every game. He's playing a nine technique; he's playing a seven technique, a five technique, a three technique, a one technique, a two technique and head up on the nose sometimes. He's the jack-of-all trades. It's hard to be good at any one thing when you're doing all of those things."

The fact that he feels strongly about it and he has a way of really getting the best out of DT's makes this pick  more tolerable. I still do not believe he was the best player available at pick 11 but he could turn into first round talent. So instead of 100%; I'll give him 90.2% until I start seeing what Poe is really capable of.


No comments:

Post a Comment