Pages

Saturday, April 14, 2012

"I've never met a Chiefs fan from New Orleans..."


Well Here I am!

A lot of people always wondered what's up with my "other" team so before you see a post about the Chiefs and start pondering that title statement; I'll let you know. The three reasons are listed below:

1. The Arrowhead
As a kid, I loved the arrowhead logo on the helmet.  I have no idea why but it always stood out on camera. #KanyeShrug

2. My Brother
After running around the house saying that I was a Chiefs fan my brother sat me down and gave me the "loyalty" talk. In short, I was told to NEVER turn your back on the hometown team and keep them numero uno no matter what. He also explained to NEVER become a bandwagon fan; if I liked the Chiefs, remain a Chiefs fan for the rest of my life. I'm still on track.

3. Tecmo Bowl
Every real football fan has stories of Tecmo Bowl and the unstoppable up down up down method. Well mine started with the Chiefs and the "Nigerian Nightmare" Christian Okoye. He was the one of the only players (besides Bo of course) who would run over EVERYBODY. I got a Chiefs Riddell mini football set because of him, I wanted to play HB because of him and I little piece of me died when Steve Atwater met him in the hole that night. He instantly became my favorite player from K.C. and still holds that title to day.

It's not a riddle or I was born in K.C. or my dad is from K.C. etc etc. It's three simple reasons that I never outgrew or forgot about. Make sense???

No comments:

Post a Comment